Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Photos Again!




I was awake this morning to capture yet another gorgeous sunrise!






I watered all my plants and thinned a few radishes, along with the carrots and kale. The bare spots will soon fill in.






The runner beans are growing fast! The plant in the forefront is a pineapple salvia. So far everything is doing very well.








Coots have come home to roost!! The winter rye was planted earlier this year--bfore the coots got here to eat the seeds, so now they are just leaving green droppings all over the lake sidewalks. They are nasty birds!






The Texas Sage in bloom around the neighborhood. It's to bad they don't stay in bloom--they are beautiful and bloom in reaction to the humidity or rain.







Finally...... a cactus that bloomed! This Submatucana madisoniorum and it's from Peru . I'm not sure if I will get any more--this is the first time it has bloomed. I bought this one last year.







The stalk is about 6 inches tall and the cactus is the size of a small peach. The wind started yesterday afternoon and will blow in some cool 65 degree weather for today. I would like to turn off the air. Last winter I never turned on the heat. We had a very warm winter. I only burned three logs and that's a good thing because the Java Logs cost 6.99 each!They are all natural made from coffee. They have a pleasant order without the stinky petroleum smell.

I fixed my card reader dilemma for only $9.00. Just plug and play with a USB card reader/writer. How cool is that? I figured it would be some kind of big box that had to be hooked up in back of the computer, but it's so simple I'm still in awe.







3 comments:

Julie said...

That sage is gorgeous!!!

Glad all your plants are coming along perfectly!!!

Also glad your card reader problem was easy to fix!!! YEAH!

All is well with the world!!! ;)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hello Margarite!
I had such a wonderful time today meeting you, visiting with you and sharing ideas with you.

Thank you for the beautiful pumpkin. I so love it. Collecting pumpkins is fun, and every year I love to add to them. This year you did that for me. Thank you again. I had such a wonderful time.

I look forward to seeing you again. Country hugs and love, Sherry

Claude said...

so glad the rock rose got there... was it still alive? I really wasn't sure how to pack it, or how much water should be on the roots... as for sending something back, there's really no reason to. But if you must... any ole plant you have around will be fine with me.