Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another One Down, Another One Bites The Dust



Strange weather in Arizona. We are having monsoon-like weather. Lighting , a little rain and lots of wind! At least in my back yard!!! Does this look familiar? A second swing bites the dust! I won't know the damage until I get it back together--I don't think the frame is bent on this one. I'm afraid it will be a goner when the "bona fide" monsoon season comes in July.




The bird bath is solid cement and a layer of stucco, and it weighs a ton! Can you believe this?





The Purple Heart is missing its front half. The plant that was in the overturned planter is gone--as in missing! Can't even find the plant! It's probably in the lake or beyond.





Remember the newly planted bougainvillea?





Stripped of all the beautiful bracts!! The one next to it was untouched! Just like every time before, I am the only one in the neighborhood that gets this wind damage. Scary........I must have a micro climate that generates miniature tornadoes or wind shears right in my back yard.






5 comments:

Claude said...

DANG

I'd say something rude and snide about somebody in the vicinity being full of too much hot air, but really, I'm much much nicer than that.

So, is the sun-shade on that swing catching the wind and going airborn? Is there a way to collapse the canopy when there's nobody using it? Or maybe a way to anchor the frame? I hope the plant that went missing wasn't too valuable...

Pudgeduck said...

Claude- Maybe it's me? LOL! The sun-shade is probably the problem. I will have to do something...Plant was an agave from my daughter.I think I lost the two 8'sunflowers. I propped them up...

Claude said...

well, as long as the cemetary cactus are safe! you have to promise me that you will not put them anywhere near that Kamakasi porch swing...

I gave quick instructions on planting a boot in the comments on my blog. It's not that difficult, really...

deedee said...

I posted about that too. We got hit really hard by that wind. Check out my umbrella on the roof. And I'm thinking I'll put a bottle tree in the area I posted about today.

Pudgeduck said...

Claude- I'm very careful after last year... I keep most of my cacti tucked in!!!