Friday, May 2, 2008

Garden Highlights

Turr Tull woke up today--couldn't wait for his first meal in over 7 months! He ate the hibiscus first, then on to watermelon and lettuce. He drank k a little water and promptly went back home.

Prickly pear

My first sunflower of the season. I scattered seed everywhere-They are even coming up in a few pots--I know I didn't plant them there!

Hibiscus in full bloom--they should go on and on....

Still have a few wildflowers standing, but most are going to seed. Can't wait for next year's crop!

5 comments:

Laurie and Chris said...

Great pictures. I love the color of your Hibiscus.

Claude said...

I want a turtle! What a great addition to the garden! And great hibiscus blooms.

Julie said...

Tur Tull looks awesome after 7 months! What a fancy dinner you made for him!!!

Aiyana said...

First you show Beavertail prickly pear with the gorgeous hot pink flowers, now you show another with red flowers. How come you have prickly pear cacti with all those great color flowers? I keep getting yellow--regardless of the species listed. Did you know what the color would be when you got it?

Aiyana

Pudgeduck said...

No Rain-The beaver tail prickly pear come from the Wickenburg area. Red one I bough somewhere, sometime ago.Wish my old plant would bloom-it would be yellow-hasn't bloomed in 17 years!!!!