Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Days, Small Pleasures

I just had to have this sweet potato vine that I saw at Lowe's. It takes a lot of watering but it looks sooo good! There are actually two kinds of plants in this arrangement. I guess they are both sweet potato vines, but one is a bronze color. At first it looks like dry leaves in the photo, but if you enlarge the picture, you can see it's alive and well!



Flowers floating in a fountain at my Granddaughter's wedding. More pictures to follow after I get around to ordering them.


The Blue Plumbago went into a pot because I just don't have any place left to plant. I had one planted in the front courtyard that lasted one year. I just love the blue color, and hopefully it will last longer.




I was disappointed that I didn't get any blooms on the lithops this fall. I stared out last year with five in this pot. They just dry up and disappear overnight.


Each beautiful fall day puts me in a great mood. I try to focus on all the wonderful things I have, not what I lack. In fact, I can't think of a single thing I need at this moment! All the small, repetitive pleasures add up to happy feelings in general! I am happy I have two lithops left--I wasn't any happier when there were five!!! Go figure!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love the dark colored sweet potato vine! Well, actually I like them both and especially together! Great choice from Lowes!!!

I know what you mean about the cooler days of fall. It really does just make you happy and content. I was happy even today while doing hard labor! Cleaning a 5 x 7 rug on my driveway on my hands and knees, scrubbing!

Your 2 lithops are really neat. I hope you will have better luck with these remaining ones. They sure are tricky! I'm not sure I want to try any of these types anymore. But, what the heck...they bring us happiness while they last!

Julie

Alexandra MacVean said...

The flowers floating in the pond are lovely...so relaxing...can I come sit in your pond? =D hee hee