Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blooming Spring

Take a tour around my garden. Here are a few of the flowers currently at their peak. Nothing unusual here, I just started gardening a couple years ago.



I'm just learning about my micro-climate and soil and I consider myself at the experimental stage. Hopefully, one day I will have a magnificent flower garden that will equal my Grandmother's.




Climbing roses covered the pathway to the porch. The pink-flowered Queen's Wreath vine twined through the orange trees, the screened porch and most of the two story roof. She had two lush, colorful flower gardens--one near the house, the other by her vegetable garden next to the dairy barn.

Our jobs were to cut and fill buckets full of massive bouquets for the house. We gathered eggs, cut flowers, and took in the aroma of citrus in bloom. These are some of my most cherished memories of childhood.

Sweet are the memories of the simple pleasures I experienced at my Grandmother's house. Uncle told us that it was God's Acre. Rightly so.

No comments: