Friday, April 24, 2009

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things




Just a few of my favorite things, in and around my backyard garden. To see the sunrise each morning is by far my greatest joy! Or, maybe it is...







My most favorite of all. I bought this wind chime because it sounded like the church bells that I heard and loved on my trip to Switzerland. This chime is tuned just like them. Or maybe it is...





The fast growing Orange Jubilee that keeps the hummingbirds coming back to my garden day after day. Or...



Maybe it's this stained glass sun catcher created by my friend. But then, it could be...




The "weeds" that I almost pulled up last year, knowing I didn't plant anything where they were growing. I let them go, and...they turned out to be beautiful flowers! This is a large stand of them that reseeded from last year. They are either Oriental Poppies or Orchid Rock Roses. Don't know which for sure.
I just saw another favorite thing! It's...




One of this year's birthday gifts. It is is getting a good workout with all the winds we are having! This year we've had a record number of days with wind.

But, the best of the best is being surrounded by all my family, enjoying a tranquil spring day, eating my favorite home cooked meal, my favorite birthday cake, and wondering .... Lord, how did I get here? I never dreamed I could be so blessed, and I am so thankful for all my blessings!

2 comments:

Claude said...

You are double blessed... Not only to have family and friends around you, but to have the ability to appreciate them... I know people who, if surrounded by great works of art would only see the cobweb in the corner.

Thank you for reminding me to see the good things around me...

Julie said...

You really are blessed, P-duck! I love all your garden goodies...I have to say the Oriental Poppies are really great all the way around!!! I did kinda think you might have Tur Tull in these photos somewhere!!! I love him so much also! :)