Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Good Soaking is Good


After two days of rain the sun is out and hopefully will dry out all the potted cactus!



The pine cone cactus is so full of rain that it is drooping from the weight! Sorta like me...


The wild flowers love the rain and if it continues into January, we might have a large crop this year in the desert. I hope my wildflowers will be contained to this area, but my sister told me to quit dreaming! I might have a lot of dead flowers to pull up this summer! Is it to much to ask that I could be right just this once--after all, they are all walled in......

After a day of being soaked, I placed all the potted cactus under the bench trying to prevent water death! The rain was pleasant, slow and soaking, and much needed. Winter rains are nice. We love it when it rains here, but after two days without the sun, we start feeling constricted! The first day of rain and first day after brings such a pleasurable calm and such clean air. A blessing descending to earth! The effect is dramatic. Moods brighten and creativity surges, and the desert greens quickly. It's a beautiful winter desert day.


4 comments:

Julie said...

Wait...did you say "creativity surges"?????

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your area is lovely. It looks so relaxing...can I come for a vacation?! =D

*hugs*

Aiyana said...

Looks like more rain to come. I've received exactly 8 inches at my house this year. If we get another couple of days of rain, this will be a good sign our drought is over, at least for awhile.
Aiyana

Pudgeduck said...

Julie- Maybe.....
Alex--It's raining, bring a
umbrella!