Friday, April 18, 2008

Birthday Gift


A big box arrived today...

A birthday gift. Another diet!

In fact, most of my adult life starts with a diet on my birthday. This is the eighth time I have started on the NutriSystem program. I first started the NutriSystem program in 1990. I lost the 35 pounds that I had gained after I stopped smoking in 1982. I have aways lost weight on the diet; sometimes I even got to my goal before I got sick of the food. My problem has always been portion control and NutriSystem takes care of that! The Atkins diet always appealed to me because I could eat a lot of food but I never stayed with it very long because when the fruits I love come in season, I couldn't resist. Every season brought another fruit! I tred Weight Watchers a few times, but again, I can't control portions, so I always over ate.

I ordered my favorite NutriSystem foods. Funny that in real life, I never eat pancakes, mashed potato or BBQ beef--which are just the foods I ordered.


I won't make this into a diet blog- so the only time you will hear about my weight will be when I start another diet, or when I reach my goal weight. It will probably be about another diet!


4 comments:

Sharon said...

I am the queen of losing weight and gaining it back...

Thank you for your very kind words regarding the loss of my little dog...

Julie said...

Well, if this doesn't sound like my weight loss efforts! You know the only time I lost it all and kept it off, was when I walked 2 miles every day without fail...I do think exercise is the answer! Of course, I talk big...but do I do it??? I do try. Kinda sorta. Maybe...OK rarely. LOL

Julie said...

Oh Happy B-day by the way!!! Hope it was wonderful!

Pudgeduck said...

Julie, You are right! I could only keep off the weight I lost was when I walked everyday! I am walking now-maybe it will work again!