Saturday, June 22, 2013

Gifts from the Heart

Sunset 5-13
                                           My friend Betty made this beautiful throw for me. I  have been friends with Betty for over 60 years! Each square takes 6 hours to complete.  She has a special machine that I don't understand! I never learned to sew on a machine and never had a desire to learn. She made it for my California king size bed. Now that's a lot of work and time!!!!
Each panel  is a different color and pattern. I love it! Who does that? Such a special gift from the heart!

I met Bobbie 13 years ago just as she started selling her stained glass pieces.  She is a multi talented artist and her latest creation is the beaded, embroidered fairy pillow she made for my birthday. I know the many hours that took her to complete. I don't have the talent or patience for such things and I highly admire her many talents.  I cherish both their friendships and their gifts from the heart. Thank You!


Julie said...

WOWZERS! What wonderful friends! That quilt with all of the embroidery is just fantastic!!!!! You deserve such a piece!

Aiyana said...

Very nice gifts!

Aiyana said...

Nice gifts! I should have friends like that!

Pudgeduck said...

Yes, lucky to have them in my life!
Thanks Julie!