Friday, November 5, 2010

The "Wonderful" Season is Here


I am spending most all my time in my garden. Everything is growing just fine without much help from me! Pots of flowers are watered daily and that is about it! All the flowerbeds are on drip irrigation and I don't have any weeds to pull so I have lots of time to just walk around, telling my plants how gorgeous they are and how much I love them. The weather has been perfect! I have even started my daily walks again!



The swing is ready with new cushions I found on closeout at Wal-mart. I am going to try to find a new hummingbird feeder again. I'm sure there must be a perfect one for my patio. I know I say that every year...even after all my previous hummingbird feeder disasters.


The rims of the Sacred Datura flowers have developed a light purple tinge. The leaves are looking raggedy and it has spread about five feet across the upper patio. I will cut it back to the ground after it stops blooming. The flowers are still very fragrant. I have seeds if anyone is interested....



Hubby didn't see any Elk on his hunting trip in Northern Arizona. But just being surrounded by the beautiful scenery, friends and family, definitely made up for his disappointment.



Great Grandson picked up Poppy's stethoscope to play with over all his toys. I would pick him for my Doctor! It is so hard not having him here to hold, hug and to pinch his little cheeks! He will be here in December and I'm trying hard to stay home instead of heading to North Carolina! My Army Grandson will be home for Thanksgiving--and hoping for a Christmas visit before deployment. Bittersweet for sure....

2 comments:

Claude said...

Autumn has come to Texas too... it's so nice to be able to walk outside without a wall of heat pinning you to the ground, isn't it?

Beautiful patio you have there. I wanna sit outside with a good book and a cup of coffee...

Julie said...

That Datura is gorgeous!!! So is your patio! WOW!!!

That sure is a cute "doctor" you have there!!!

I hate to hear about your grandson deploying... that is rough.

Beautiful scenery where hubby went hunting...gorgeous!!!